Friday, June 26, 2009

Unplugged

Do you ever feel overwhelmed with all of the extra noise in life? For the most part I like to be busy and like having lots of distractions around. Part of my short attention span I guess. Start things, move on, live in the chaos. But I also know the value of being removed from it all and being able to slow down enough to hear the things that the chaos and extra noise tends to drown out. That is one of the extra benefits for me of going to conference with our high school students. I will be unplugged for a week - no computer, no TV, and I plan on keeping the phone tucked away for the most part. A chance to have some conversations that are uninterrupted by all of the extra noise. A chance for some quiet (well as much as you can have surrounded by 1,000 high school students) and a chance to recharge. So if you read my blog, it will be silent next week. No posts, no thoughts, not even going to schedule posts for when I'm gone. Consider it my gift to you of a little less noise in your life. Take a break from a little bit of the extra noise and see if there are some things you need to be hearing. Enjoy your week away and we will see if I have any readers left when I get back.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Unplugging is good. Jesus did it. God did it and then structured an entire way of life around it. (Judaism). I will be praying for your rest, for quality conversations, for the beginnings of community with your new group for next year. Have a good time. See you when you get back.