Monday, June 1, 2009

18 people, 1 house = chaotic fun

Ever need a push to do something? A deadline so that you will get it done? Don't know about you but I manage to take as much time as I have. This weekend I got a reminder of something that I had stated that I wanted to accomplish. On Sunday, my brother-in-law and I were talking about one of those things. He challenged me to keep moving forward on something we had talked about several months ago and set a deadline for a checkpoint in getting it done. Can I accomplish it? I don't know, but I do know that I need people in my life who come along side of me and challenge me. I am very lucky to have several people who do this for me on a regular basis. People who keep me from settling. I don't understand people who try to go through life on there own.

This weekend (still part of my three day weekend today) has been refreshing for me while at the same time completely exhausting. Today I am feeling the effects of the lack of sleep but love all of the time we have crammed in with family and friends. Let's just say 9 adults, 9 kids, and one house makes for lots of noise, but also lots of fun. I learned that a big black monkey is also known as Godzilla. That with that many kids, the back door is almost always standing open. Trying to get six cousins between the ages of 6 and 13 to go to sleep at night can be a challenge. Total chaos at times, but great memories being made. Will probably be trying to recover all week, but love the time spent with our family and some great friends.

1 comment:

kellimoss said...

keep an eye out for godzilla! he's big and black and scary...