Thursday, June 11, 2009

Moving on

Moving on. That's not always easy for me. Seems weird because I am actually one of those people who like change. Usually routines and me don't coexist very well. I get bored and am ready to move on to the next thing. But moving on from a relationship, that's tough. Circumstances change, people go different directions, interest and stages of life change - I get all of that, but I don't like it. Relationships play a huge role in my life (most people's probably) and I love adding new ones to the mix, but it is hard to move on from ones that I've had. When you've grown close to someone and then take a step back away from that it is kind of like ripping a band-aid off in my opinion. You know that no matter how you do it (take it slow and try to be gentle or just rip it off quickly) that there is going to be some pain involved. I know that I've reached that point with some of my relationships right now. That there is going to be some changes taking place. Is there a good way to move on? Kind of like with the band-aid, I know that it will heal, but it doesn't change the fact that I will have to wait for that to happen.

No comments: