Monday, June 8, 2009

Learning 101

What are you suppose to be learning right now? My guess is that something probably jumped to your mind pretty quickly. The second reaction for me is usually something along the lines of "Yeah, but I don't want to learn that right now." (The "yeah, but..." rarely seems to be a good idea for me.) So I keep it to myself. If I don't tell someone, then I have no accountability in following through with it. I spend time and energy trying to find ways around it. It is like trying to stand against the ocean waves. I keep waiting for it stop or change. Instead of enjoying the waves and learning to surf, I fight the idea and try to find the shortcut. So what is it that you need to be doing right now? What is that next right step? Who do you need to tell that you are going surfing today? Don't wait for the waves to stop (they won't), embrace it and enjoy life to its fullest today. Seriously, don't wait for a convenient time, tell someone now what you need help learning. What are you waiting for? Make the phone call, send the text, send an e-mail, have that conversation at lunch, let's just quit trying to fight waves on our own.

No comments: