Thursday, June 11, 2009

What is your voice?

Revisiting a thought here that I know that I have talked about before. (Actually most of my posts probably fall into 4 or 5 categories so it shouldn't be too big of surprise that I am coming back to this thought.) I was reading early this week one of Steven Furtick's posts that talked about finding your voice. He asked the following questions that I have been thinking about since then:
  • What are you the voice for?
  • What comes through loud and clear in the way you live?

Basically summed up in the question - what does you whole life shout? What am I so passionate about the my identity and message are the same thing? Trying to evaluate what I talk about and what my life revolves around, I've decided my voice is probably about relationships (or the current buzzword - community) centered around Christ. That is the filter of how I see things, what I talk about, where I invest my time and energy, that is what I hope my life shouts. People living out life together while trying to follow the example of Jesus. So what are you the voice for? Does how you live match the focus of your voice?

No comments: