Monday, June 8, 2009

Whatever, whenever

Whatever, whenever. Is that my mindset in serving others? What kind of impact would that type of attitude have on our community? Wouldn't that be an awesome way for people to describe the church? I am afraid that if I look honestly at where I am currently at that it would be more likely - whatever as long as it doesn't get me too far outside of my comfort zone or cause me to sacrifice too much of my time, energy or money; when it is convenient or would benefit me in some way. Yeah, that isn't nearly as catchy nor is it really much different than the attitude of most people. My life should reflect that is has been turned upside down by my relationship with Jesus. What seems radical or different than most is what should be the norm for me. We talk a lot about serving others, but shouldn't it be more than just talk? Up for a challenge this week? I am going to try to adopt that mindset in serving others for this week - whatever, whenever. Anyone else game for a different type of one week challenge?

No comments: