Friday, June 12, 2009

What is it the right time for?

Should I say something or should I just shut up? How can I go from feeling like Eeyore at one moment to laughing and enjoying life to the fullest the next? Have you heard there is a certain way you should always act? I was reading Ecclesiastes 3 this morning and it says there is a right time for everything. "A right time to cry and another to laugh, a right time to embrace and another to part, a right time to hold on and another to let go, a right time to rip out and another to mend, a right time to shut up and another to speak up, a right time to love and another to hate." That is reassuring to me. Those things are okay even when they are to the extreme. I just need to be listening to God to know what it is the right time for. The right time might depend on the season of life you are in, where you are at, who you are around, many different variables, but the question is so what is it the right time for you to be doing?

In that same chapter it also say "God's done it and that's it. That's so we'll quit asking questions and simply worship in holy fear." Sounds like I need to stop asking "Why?" and start worshipping more.

Have an awesome Friday and know it is the right time for something right now!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I like that question phrased that way. It indeed is the right time for something. I always think in terms of the next step. Not everything is clearly identifiable in terms of direction, as much as sometimes I wish it were. But life has to be navigated. I think youre right when you suggest that it requires listening to God well. It requires a different more ongoing level of faith. Sometimes I wonder if that's not the point. I think it's because it's not just about weather we get there or not, but for my sake I think it matters how I get there... Ie.... In real honest moment by moment trust.

Just getting back in the swing...