Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rubik's cube

Did you have a Rubik's cube growing up? Maybe you were one of those people who could solve it no matter how messed up it was. Not me. I was the one who thought about taking off the different color stickers and rearranging them so that it looked like I had figured it out. The fact that I couldn't usually solve it didn't stop me from trying though.

You might be wondering where this is going or you may just know that I am weird and not think too much about it, but there is a point. It occurred to me this morning while I was reading that I am still trying to solve that Rubik's cube in my life. I want the control of trying to put everything in order. I want to arrange things in my life to look like I think they should. Sometimes even considering the shortcuts to make things appear right. What I know though is that I am not in control. I wonder if me trying to solve my life actually moves it that many more steps away from where it needs to be. Reality is that I need to stop trying so hard to have control and just follow God's direction. It was much easier to solve the Rubik's cube when someone who knew what they were doing would give me the instructions on what moves to make. Bottom line is that I need to listen more to God and realize that he has been in control all along.

Bonus question for the brave at heart or those who are simply bored - What toy or game best describes your life where it is at today? Come on and take a shot at answering it, stretch your imagination a little today.

3 comments:

kellimoss said...

probably Clue. i to like to try to have control in my life, but no matter how i much try to figure this thing out, god constantly surprises me. so "mysterious"...

Kenneth said...

Good choice. I am pretty good at the game, but probably fall more in the "clueless" category in figuring out what God has planned next in my life. Thanks for playing.

Lisa said...

I feel kind of like a yo-yo right now. Kind of feel like I'm falling and not sure if I will make it back up again. When I try to control the yo-yo (my life) chances are not great that I will make it back up but if I let God be in control I know that He will help me up no matter what comes my way. Kind of funny that I bought yo-yo's for Joshua and Jacob for their Easter baskets.