Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rainy days


The cloudy and rainy weather has reflected my mood this week. (Sorry if that has come through in my most recent blogs. Sometimes I think I might show too much of myself in my thoughts here. For me, writing about things helps me sort out my thoughts, but it also gives you a glimpse into the strange world in my head. So again sorry if my recent funk has come through on these pages.) The good thing is that like after the stormy weather ends there is a day of sunshine trying to peek through. I feel I am moving past those dark nights of the storm where everything feels like it is crashing in around you. Nothing has really change in the things going on around me, but I have brought them to light to some of those people who care for me and that makes a huge difference. I may still be feeling lousy physically, feel overwhelmed with the situations around me, and not connected like I want to be, but I do know that I am not trying to do it by myself. There is some sunshine trying to break through the clouds.

I don't understand how people try to do this thing called life by themselves. I rely so much on the authentic community that surrounds me. It isn't always perfect, but I know, even when it is at its darkest moments, that I have people who will share the pain that I feel. People willing to go that extra mile for me. Do you have those type people in your life? The ones you turn to when things are down or that you can count on when you need someone to help you through it. If things are sunny for you right now, why not take a moment to say thanks to those people in your life. Let them know that they are part of what makes you load lighter and brightens your day.

No comments: