Thursday, April 2, 2009

By the numbers

I noticed when I wrote my blog this morning that it was number 148 (so this would be 149) and that kind of blew me away. I started blogging back on September 2nd last year so I've been doing this writing thing for exactly 7 months today. So here are some random numbers looking back over that 7 months:

  • By far the most post have been about relationships/friendships/community coming in around 35. A close second would be leadership/dreaming at 25 posts. (Probably those are included in several of the others as well, but just counted the ones that were specifically about those topics.)
  • Have written about 11 books that I was reading during that time along with quite a few quotes from various blogs
  • Have 23 blogs set up on my google reader (8 which are friends of mine) that often get quoted or at least prompt many of my thoughts written on here
  • I've written 14 random, bullet point posts (usually on a Friday for some reason)
  • My shortest post consisted of 42 words (aptly titled "Shortest post ever")
  • I have received 94 comments (most coming in the first several months - come on you guys are slacking off these days or have quit reading)
  • The post "One Word" received the most comments with 5
  • Some of my favorite words sprinkled throughout these posts include - transparency, God-sized dreams, community, "I have an idea", and many others

Really it is amazing looking back and reading through the things that have happened in that short time and the way people have impacted my life. I am surrounded by some incredible people specifically my wife, our "refrigerator friends", and two guys who I try to live as openly as I can in a glass house. The biggest thing for me though is I hope those who read this can catch glimpses of God weaved throughout all of it.

No comments: