Monday, April 27, 2009

On the edges

Ever feel like there is something you are suppose to be getting but it is just beyond your grasp? I have had that feeling this morning. The feeling that there is something big that is flirting around the edges of my thoughts but I can't quite put my mind around it. Some thought that will blow me away and change how I see things. As I was reading in John and Proverbs this morning it was there. As I caught up on e-mails and scanned through the blogs I read on Google Reader it was there. As thoughts of various people in my life and the conversations we have had recently pop into my head, I feel I am very close to the edge of seeing it.

Wonder if it is God playing hide and seek with me? Him saying come and search for me. I am just around the corner if you look hard enough. Don't stop looking as the next thought might be the one that makes everything fall into place. I am on the edge, but I don't know what the next step is. I have learned over time that being at the edge is where I learn to trust the most. It may be safer farther away from the edges, but what would I miss out on by playing it safe? I will keeping looking and listening and hopefully the thing that is just beyond my grasp will come clearly into focus. If not, then I keep pursuing anyways.

No comments: