Friday, April 3, 2009

Back by no demand whatsoever - Friday afternoon ramblings

I am thinking that after a week of going in multiple directions that I must be able to only maintain short thoughts on Friday. Either that or I am A.D.D. on Fridays. Both may be true. Anyway, some random thoughts before the weekend.
  • Ate at Pei Wei for lunch with my wife and had this thought - What if we lived our lives based on the fortunes out of the fortune cookies? That could make for some interesting conversations to say the least. (Actually a couple of the ones today didn't make any sense so I am not sure how that would work.)
  • Feeling the urge to rock the boat some more. Must be why I was never big on fishing. Don't really like the calm waters for very long before my mind starts to wander.
  • Love watching how God is moving through some of my friends lives. That never gets old. Have to say I like to see Him use them more than when He rocks my world sometimes. Both are good, but I can appreciate it more by observing rather than being in the middle of it.
  • I would like to spend a week observing how the following ministers lead in their day to day lives - Perry Noble, Matt Chandler and Steven Furtick.
  • Love being able to hang out with my wife at night and talk. Don't know how couples survive when they don't talk about their lives with each other.
  • Was thinking about what an eclectic bunch my close friends are. Personality-wise we vary in just about every way imaginable, but if you put all 8 or 9 of us in the same room together it would be a lot of fun. Maybe even a little out of control as I think we feed off each other, but it is a group who has a passion for being like Jesus. Wonder if that is what the apostles were like when they were together?
  • If I ever won the lottery, the above would happen. I would love to have our close friends and family all together for a week in a lodge in Colorado. It would be insane, definitely loud, but incredibly fun and tons of awesome conversations. (And I would get to go skiing or snowboarding - that is going to happen this next year. I want to be on the slopes so bad.)

Looking forward to the weekend. Some family is coming in to celebrate Jacob's birthday since the snow prevented it last weekend. Get to hang out with some of our awesome friends and have some fun. And we get the chance to serve and love some of our community on Sunday. I love the weekends!

No comments: