Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Random thoughts from lunch

I received a text with the following quote from a friend of mine at lunch today - "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." He had said he thought it fits me. I had to laugh at that. Seems kind of ironic based on my earlier blog today, which I don't think he has read yet. The conversation that we had through texting was very refreshing for me. Funny how when certain things are needed they come through some unusual methods. Love that unpredictability!

Started reading "Surprised by Hope" by N.T. Wright at lunch today. Another friend had informed me a while back that a couple of us would be reading through this book and discussing it. Can tell it is one of those books that I will have to think through a lot as I read. Never read any of his other books so I am not sure what to expect. I like reading new authors as it often brings a new perspective on how I see things. I'm sure parts of the book will make its way into my thoughts I write about on here. (Assuming that I can understand the depth of the book. Not good to read heavy stuff while on cold medicine. Makes concepts a little tougher to grasp.)

Additional follow-up on a thought I touched upon in my blog earlier. Opening up with some people about what is going on with me has started some dialogue about those things. Can't say that I enjoy those conversations but know that for me they probably need to take place. Sometimes community is hard, but much better than being alone.

No comments: