Friday, July 31, 2009

It is Friday again

Friday - must mean it is time for some random thoughts.
  • Today is Lisa's birthday! Let the celebration and fun begin. It is one of those milestone birthdays that end in a nice round number. Realized this morning that we have now been together (dating/married) for half of her life. (Not quite there for half of mine yet. Sucks to be the oldest in my group of friends. Well, except for Shane, who is a whopping 17 days older than me.) Happy birthday!
  • Played some tennis last night for the first time in over a month (yeah, only I could injure my hand in the most non-contact sport ever). It was great. The weather was incredible (How often can you say that in Oklahoma in July?) and the conversation was too. I love getting to know people better and learning more about them. The tennis was actually pretty good as well (Well, except for the first game of the second match. The layoff between sets doesn't really help our game any.)
  • Wonder if I spend my time investing in the wrong people? Ever wonder about things like that? Strange how some people that barely cross your path in life can be more appreciative of the time you give than those you have spent more time investing in. I don't get it, but that isn't anything new.
  • Busy weekend for us. Big Splash with the family this afternoon. Lisa and I are going out tonight for her birthday. In-laws coming in tomorrow to take Lisa out for her birthday. Refrigerator friends over Saturday night (minus at least one - we will miss you again!). Church Sunday and helping a good friend move into her house that afternoon.
  • Wonder if I spend enough time being quiet? That word (quiet) has been bouncing around in my head the last couple of days. Don't know if it means I am suppose to be listening or if it means I am not suppose to be talking about some things. Kind of leaning towards that it means I am suppose to let some people figure out things on their own and not say anything. I like to reflect on things most of the time but sometimes I just want the answer without having to go through all of the hard work.

So a couple of question for you. (Yes, if you have all the way to this point in the post that means you.) What would you like to see discussed more on here? Anything that is discussed too much? Anything on here that has been particularly helpful for you?

Have an awesome weekend! Now find 7 people to hug before the end of the day. (You AZero people know what I'm talking about.)

1 comment:

jamie said...

Happy Birthday to Lisa

I know I dont spend enough time being quiet. I have started into the experiencing God Book again and I find that I have a hard time at the end of the chapter just meditating and thinking. Sadly, that is where the "experiencing" part begins.

I like the topics in your own natural style. Community and how to do community is always a big help for me because it touches on a lot of things that I already think about or deal with. Anything God/people related helps. Its kind of the stuff that you are already doing. Thats what keeps me coming back.