Friday, July 10, 2009

Exhausted

Exhausted as I tried to get moving this morning. Strangely though that is good thing. One of my favorite things is having those late night/early morning conversations that you know will change your perspective, deepen your friendship and impact who you are becoming. So I gladly crawl out of bed exhausted after a mere 3 or 4 hours of sleep knowing that whatever sleep I gave up was well worth the investment. Conversation that is raw and transparent. Encouraging words that build us up. Laughter as we talk about random things and our warped view of life (okay maybe I am just the twisted one, but still...) Learning from each other how to better serve God and make a Kingdom impact. This is community. This is what matters. Why does it happen so rarely?

I am so grateful to have an incredible wife who I not only love, but also is part of my community. Several close friends who teach me by their example about what community looks life in our day to day lives. Last night was a glimpse of what is coming and I am so energized by that. The thing is that I know when my friend I was talking with last night moves half way across the world that I can still experience community with him. Why bother with the trivial things? Who is shaping your community? Risk putting yourself out there. I don't think you will regret it.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a good time. That reminds me of dorm room days at college and hanging out late into the night with my Christian friends. Those times really ruined me because I got a really strong sense of what the church ( community) was supposed to look like. That's not always so easy to find out here.