Thursday, July 23, 2009

Warning: This may be hazardous to your health!

I've decided perception is a funny thing. It doesn't really matter what reality is, what matters is how someone perceives it because that is reality to them. How do you get around that perception gap when it is something that really matters?

Thought about putting some random quotes (or quotes taken out of context) that I've heard form some friends recently, but decided the risk of the return favor far outweighs the risk. Trust me they are funny in a twisted kind of way. You that have been spared (because I would have named names) consider that my gift to you for the day. Blackmail is such a mean threat to hold over my head.

How do you best express your creativity? Is it music? Art? Writing? That part of God is one of my favorites. To see the vivid imagination and creativity He displays is breathtaking and sometimes funny. Those who see Him as a strict rule-maker or cosmic killjoy need to look around at the creativity he is demonstrating every day.

Laughter is way underrated. We take ourselves too serious sometimes. Life can be serious, but it should also be fun in the process.

I'm handing out my first award on here - the best unofficial blogger award. It goes to Jamie for sharing with me his thoughts that my entries may have prompted (or whatever is on his mind at the time). I love that it is more than me rambling, it may actually be a conversation taking place. The others of you who occasionally check in here, feel free to let you voice be heard as well. The comment button on the bottom of the entry is easy to use and not really that scary. Or it could be that Jamie is my only reader. Either way, congrats to Jamie on winning this prestigious award!

Until my next rambling...




2 comments:

jamie said...

Today, I have accomplished a dream.

(pretend for a second that I only speak Italian and choppy English at best, and then envision me standing up on my chair in front of my computer as I say in an unfortunate english translation of something that came out entirely wrong:

"I'D LIKE TO MAKE LOVE TO YOU ALL!")

I'd like to thank all those who made this award possible.

My wife for giving me time to blog. My dog for not peeing on the floor while I make him wait to take him out. Id like to thank my youngest son as well, who will wait 5 more minutes in a soggy diaper, while his dad finishes that one last paragraph. (Really, he has no choice).

I'd like to thank my oldest son and his sister for, not whining while they wait to get on line and play their games, or watch their videos, or check to see if their webkins has had anything to eat or drink in a few days.

I'd like to thank Al Gore for creating the internet. Oh, and also God, for helping me make it this far in all of my blogging pursuits.

Thanks again.

Kenneth said...

That is my award winner! And additional proof (as if my word wasn't good enough) that life can be fun in the process. I am seeing a lifteime achievement award in your future.