Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Where is your focus?

Why is it so much easier to focus on what we DON'T bring to the table versus what we can? I see that I am not as young, not as cool (probably not even the right word to use anymore), not as athletic, not as wise, not as experienced, not as talented, not... you get the picture. Those are the things I can't do, but what can I do? Where can I speak, where can I listen, where can I ask questions, where can I help someone, where can I love, where do I use what I can bring to the table to help someone find more of Jesus? I don't have to do anything special, but point to the one who is. What have you told yourself you aren't qualified to do? Where have you said it is impossible for you to go? Jesus never looks at what we can't do, but just asks us to do what we were created to do. Sometimes, I wish I was created to do some of those other things (definitely wouldn't mind being cool or athletic), but I am responsible for the things I have been given. What are you bringing to the table? Don't know what that is, then ask those around you. Sometimes I just need to adjust my focus. How about you?

No comments: