Monday, July 6, 2009

Holding back

What holds you back? What is that one thing that keeps you from chasing big dreams or making a huge impact? We know the problem a lot of the times, we can name it and say why it holds us back, but why can't we move beyond it? Does it have a hold of us or is that we really have a grip on it and don't want to let it go? It is hard to do big things when we are trying to hold all of our other "stuff". Ever watch a little kid try to hold onto all of his toys and try to pick one more up? They don't want to give up what they have even if the other toy is a better one. Seems to me that is how I am a lot of the times. I desire to have some better things in my life, to pursue some big dreams, to make a Kingdom impact, but I still want to hold onto all of the other things as well. It really comes down to a choice. What am I willing to give up in order to chase the better things? Is there something holding you back? Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? Now is the time to do it. Don't think about it some more, just move.

No comments: