Thursday, July 9, 2009

Amazing people

Realized again today that I am surrounded by some incredible people. Yesterday was one of those days that I would rather forget... a day that sucked. Can't think of any nicer way to say it. One of the toughest days that I have had in awhile. But today I had some friends who took the time to listen, care for me and pray for me. I don't know how the Lone Ranger type people survive. I am constantly reminded of how much I need community in my life. People who stand beside me, people who challenge me, people who speak truth into my life...those friends who love me where I am at. They give unconditionally and I am richer for it. Hopefully, when they have that day that is less than stellar, I can be the one who returns the love. Community can be tough at times, but it can also be a glimpse of what we are suppose to be as the Church when we get it right. To those who took the time to give to me today, THANK YOU! I don't say it often enough but you show and teach me what community is about. Thanks for continuing to invest in me.

No comments: