Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rain, sun and rainbows

Strange mixture as I drove into work this morning - sometimes heavy rain, spots of sunshine and a slight glimpse of a rainbow. Reminded me of where I am often at in life. Life can be overwhelming at times, seem like a never-ending bad story line, and just plain hard. Other times it feels like the summer breaks you remember as a kid, that you are content with where you are at in life, and you are surrounded by good friends and enjoying life. Then there is the rainbow. Sometimes it obvious and easily seen, other times it takes some intense looking and you might only catch a glimpse of it then. The rainbow is only seen with the combination of the rain and sunshine. It takes both. God is kind of like that. He is there in both the rain and the sunshine of life. Sometimes He is easy to spot while other times it might require you to look hard past the rain. I think often times we only see God in one of these times. Maybe it is when life is rough that you seek to find Him. Maybe you are reminded of Him when things are going great in your life. The reality is that He is there in both of them. It is an awesome sight to see. Look hard today and see if you see the rainbow in the mixture of rain and sunshine in your life.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

There is something of some magic when I see God. Its like it just comes out of no where and its really unpredictable to me. Sometimes I see Him in really hard times and sometimes I see Him in rest. And sometimes in rest, I dont see Him enough and sometimes in Hard times I can't see Him at all.

I think of the scripture that Jesus quotes from Isaiah about blind people not being able to see, and I think to myself, that sometimes that's me. And I struggle through how, why, when God will show up in my world.

It seems that sometimes, just because on the surface that I want to see him, that maybe on some deeper level, Im not really there yet. And then there are other times when Im not really searching at all, not really even caring if Im there yet, and yet, He pops up at the apparent "right time".

He is a mystery to me.