Thursday, May 21, 2009

Life theme

Read a quote from C.S. Lewis this morning that said, "Every life is comprised of a few themes." As I was praying this morning, that was part of my question for God. What am I suppose to be doing? What are those themes in my life? I don't know that I can clearly identify my life themes right now. I wonder if God may be developing some new themes for me or if I am just in a phase of quietness or growth in some areas. A life theme defines you. It is just something that naturally flows out of your life. I am not sure what defines me right now. I know what my convictions have been in the past, but I question whether those are who I am or more of who I want to be. It is hard for me to step back and clearly see what defines me. So what are your life themes? If there was a book about your life, what would the title be? I know what I would want my title to be, I just don't know that is what it would be though. Just wondering aloud again.

1 comment:

jamie said...

Im kind of writing my life story right now, and it's aptly titled, a Beautiful Confusion. The thing that my entire life seems to have been set up for is to relate to the disenfranchised or disillusioned ex-churchies. I am one of those. For a while in my life i was really skeptical about life and God and truth, and then, as often is the case, I was suddenly in a place where i needed to make a choice. And I have been following Jesus ever since. But Church has been a whole other thing. I have come to believe strongly in the power and purpose of the community, especially of those who believe in Jesus, but sometimes real community looks a lot different than church does. It seems like one of my lifes themes has been about trying to search out the difference, and hold on tightly to essentials of community, and then maybe even, where possible, (with wisdom and love) bust-up some of the idols that we make along the way that keep us from the truth. Thats me.