Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Learning

I feel that I am learning again the importance of listening. Learning to take things in and think about them before speaking. Learning the lesson of James 1:19 all over again. "...Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." I think I have become enamoured with hearing my own thoughts. Throwing out ideas, giving my opinion, and thinking I have it all figured out. I want to let other people's thoughts settle into my brain. Focus on listening to what someone is really saying. Become a learner again. Ready to listen. Try to choose my words more carefully. I want my words to mean something when I speak. Not just another opinion, but something that has been truly considered before it is spoken. This is what I need to learn right now. What are you learning?

1 comment:

jamie said...

Today is a good God day for me. I started the morning off praying for people and hanging out with my son and now i am getting to checking out emails and blogging stuff. I think if there is something that I am learning today it is that I have to have a place to Love.

Every time I start trying to take this God thing seriously I am always directed outwards like I have been today. And every message today that seems to be coming my way is that I have been made to Love people. I think this is one of those ongoing lessons in life, but I am coming to understand again the need to have a community of people to Love.

Those are my Lessons for today.
Jamie