Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thoughts from a sleep deprived mind

Bullet point day again. Working on about 4 hours of sleep so forgive me if the thoughts are a little random (that happens regardless of the amount of sleep) and may not make total sense. These are few things that I like...
  • Jamba Juice drink and yogurt to start the day off.
  • Love the e-mail (more like a book actually) from my sister-in-law about community. Good to hear that others crave community as much as I do.
  • Love to be involved in meeting other people's needs anonymously. The ability to bless them and let God receive the praise.
  • The fact that people can surprise me by responding differently than I would have guessed.
  • Love that my wife and I talk frequently about life and that she puts up with my random thoughts (still think my weight management plan is an excellent idea!)
  • That God has given me a taste of what community will be like someday.
  • Love transparent people. Have had the opportunity to get to know two people like that in the last several months. Have to say it has changed who I am more than anything in recent years.
  • Like the fact that I can still learn and change. Don't ever want to stop learning.
  • Love that I have friends who challenge me.
  • Like the fact that our Sunday school class is willing to try new things and wants to serve others.
  • I get the opportunity to invest in high school and college students lives.
  • Like reading blogs and books that motivate and challenge me.

These are a few things that I like and am thankful for. What brightens your day?

1 comment:

Chris Ediger said...

Okay - you guys need to be telling her she needs to blog as well. I don't think it means the same coming from me for some reason. :-)