Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

I really love this time of the year. I know a lot of people kind of skim over Thanksgiving other than to eat and watch football (don't get me wrong I like that part of it to), but I like the fact we slow down at least for a few minutes and reflect on the things in our life that we appreciate. For me that reflection time shows that it is the people in my life that I am most thankful for. We run throughout the year doing this or trying to acquire that but when we really slow down to see what is important it turns out to be the people in our lives. Not rocket science, I know, but a good chance to stop and adjust our priorities. Consider that the day after Thanksgiving has become all about the stuff we can have and need according to the marketers. Maybe the day after can also include the chance to start reflecting a little more this next year about the people in our lives and how much they mean to us. Enjoy the eating, enjoy the football or enjoy the shopping, but let's not forget to actually give thanks as well. Take a minute to say thanks to God for the people impacting and investing in your life. Take a minute to let them know that you are thankful for their influence in your life and the part they play that no one else can. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: