Monday, November 3, 2008

Make footprints worth following

Noticed on our refrigerator this morning a red ribbon that had the quote "Make footprints worth following." It was from the boys' Red Ribbon week (a drug awareness campaign) at school. It got me thinking that should be our theme through life. The reality is that we are making footprints, the question is are they worth following? I may try to convince myself at times that the choices I make in life don't effect anyone but myself but or are insignificant but really I am leaving a trail of my choices that will impact someone. I can look at my life and see the times when I have clearly followed someone else's footprints and realize that my path also will be followed and run alongside others. So how do you make ones worth following? For me it requires constant examination of my motives and choices along with friends who will tell me when my path is heading in a wrong direction. I desire the warning signs from those close to me that my trail is not making a path worth following or that I am going in the right direction. Can't tell what type of footprints you are leaving ask someone close to you? We are leaving them and people do notice. Make them worth following.

No comments: