Monday, November 10, 2008

Living it out

Not sure how to express my thoughts right now. I just had an office-wide meeting to let us know that one of my co-workers just died from the cancer he had been battling. I had only really met him once so on a personal level it didn't impact me a whole lot, but the actions of my co-workers have spoke volumes. The head of our office and the head of his department had gone to see him last Friday and spend time with the family. Today when they let us know that he died this morning there were a lot of tears shed and memories shared about him. There was concern about his family and how to help them financially. I saw a family hurting and that is something I haven't ever experienced in the workplace. The thing that really took me by suprise was that after the meeting we had a time of prayer. I don't work for a Christian organization, but there are lot Christians who work here. As imperfect as we may be in our Christian walks and the variety of personalities and opinions that exist here, the fact that we did something that in most environments would be considered politically incorrect simply floored me. People trying to live their faith and make an impact has carried to the values of this office. I am simply blessed and amazed to be working here.

No comments: