Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rambling thought of the moment

Love when I read something that hits where I am at. Between the things I talked to my wife about last night (my passion for community and how I think most people don't see it the way I do), the chapters I read this morning from Psalms and James, and then the following thoughts from one of the blogs I try read talking about leadership:

  • One of the struggles that I feel leaders face is the one to stay focused...
  • If focus is going to be maintained... it isn't going to happen by accident, you will have to fight for it.
  • a move of God will have two characteristics... It will fire people up! It will piss people off!
  • I seem to have the spiritual gift of pissing people off...and I'm perfectly okay with that...if I am constantly making people happy then I'm not hearing from Jesus!

I think I sometimes share his spiritual gift. Don't know if I piss people off, but I do think I make a lot of people uncomfortable. Some people I don't mind pissing off, others it is more of a struggle because I really want to be accepted by them. I will keep trying as one day it will all make perfect sense, right? Lots of questions, few answers... that is the theme of my life.


No comments: