Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wrestling

Ever seen a good wrestling match? I mean one of those where the participants give everything they have to win. Having been a youth sponsor for quite awhile, I've seen several of these late at night in the guy's dorms. Those matches were they are completely drenched in sweat, using every last ounce of energy and strength to get the other guy to tap out. I know some people do not have a true appreciation for those matches but sometimes we need to wrestle with what it means to practically live out what Jesus has said our lives should look like. Not a stroll through the park, not a nice conversation at Starbucks, but a wrestling match. A sweating, no holds barred, give everything we've got experience. Had any of those recently? I am simply amazed at the people God places in my life. People who see things from a completely different perspective than me. Friends who challenge my thoughts and make my box a little bit bigger each time we talk. Conversations that end with "what are you going to do about it?" I want to wrestle with how these ideas live out in my life. An everyday, normal life that has great implications and potentially great impact if I can follow what Jesus has already modeled. What ideas do you need to wrestle with? Who is in your corner - challenging you and encouraging you to give everything you've got? Leave it all out there on the mat because we only get one shot at this moment in time.

No comments: