Monday, September 22, 2008

30 minutes earlier

Over the last several weeks I have been waking up at least 30 minutes and sometimes an hour and half before the alarm goes off. It has been awesome! I love my sleep (even though I used to consider myself a morning person, but not so much anymore), but during that time my mind has been flooded with ideas as I lay there in bed. Innovative, creative, passionate, and probably a little bit out there as well. This are the types of ideas that I can't seem to escape these days. Used to be when I couldn't sleep it was because I was stressed about work or worried about financial issues, but these thoughts give me a renewed energy that I have been missing. I still deal with financial worries (not so much the stress at work anymore), but they aren't the consuming thoughts. I have dreams and ideas that God is placing on my heart. The great thing is as I start to attempt some of these ideas that it doesn't even bother me if they fail. I am beginning to understand the phrase "consumed by God" in a way I have never understood before. My thoughts circle around Him continually and I want to try new things even though it stretches me or pulls me out of my comfort zone. Failing at these ideas may be hard, but not trying them would be even more painful. I am sure there will be many starts and stops along this process, but I don't want to lose the passion. The passion to do something that maybe we haven't ever done that way (innovative), or try something that shows God's creativity, and give of myself and our resources with wild abandon. I also love the fact that my wife supports me in these dreams that may stretch her beyond her comfort zone. We approach things differently and have different personalities but she is willing to try them even though it continues to require change (she likes consistency whereas I like change) and causes her to lose sleep (and she likes her sleep a lot so this a big sacrifice) as I throw my random ideas out there to discuss with her late at night. What dream is God planting on your heart? How can I help you achieve that dream?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you feel like I support you in your dreams. I'm trying really hard not to be a dream-stealer. I love you!