Thursday, September 18, 2008

View from the mountains

Had the opportunity to spend several days in Colorado this week and I must say that it has to be one of my favorite places to visit. (One of the places I would consider moving to.) I got to spend lots of time outdoors seeing the amazing things that God has created. I spent one afternoon riding horses through part of the mountains and valleys; an afternoon running all over another mountain in a jeep doing a scavenger hunt that took us as high as 12,000 ft which is above the treeline; and then finally 3 hours of hiking up another mountain with incredible waterfalls and aspens changing into a beautiful golden color. I was so amazed by these beautiful sites and realize my limited descriptions don't even do the adventures justice. The thing I found hard to believe was that some people chose to stay at the lodge. Not venturing out to see or do anything new. 70 degrees and beautiful, but still content to just sit and watch TV.

I think God see us like those people a lot of times. He has created amazing things for us to do and see around us but we are content were we are. We choose to stay comfortable rather than venture out into the incredible things he has planned for us. How sad to miss out on the chance to be in the presence of the God who has unlimited creativity and love for us. Is God calling you out to a wild, unexpected, amazing adventure? I don't want to miss the chance to be amazed because I am too comfortable where I am at. Live expecting the next adventure God has planned for you and you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, man, that's great to hear. Good analogy too. I desperately want to be with you up there. I've had such a desire to go out on an adventure in the wild where it is absolutely beautiful and unpredictable.