Monday, September 29, 2008

Devastated

What is your intitial reaction when you hear the word devastated? For me, I think of the hurricanes that have recently hit Louisiana and Texas. The destruction of everything so much so that it has to be built all over again. Or another thought is when someone's life is totally turned upside down by the circumstances they face in their life. This past Sunday we sang a song by Watermark called "Captivate Us". There is line in the song that caught my attention that morning and kept running through my mind the rest of the day. The line that kept circling through my mind was "Devastate us with Your presence". Does my life reflect the devastation of God's presence? Has all of the clutter that fills my life been totally destroyed so that He can build from scratch what He wants in my heart? Am I willing to ask God to devastate me? How would our lives change if we held on to the things in our lives (relationships, work, possessions, etc.) loosely enough that if God turned our status quo upside down that we would thank Him for devastating us?

1 comment:

anxiously hopeful said...

you know what's even more fun than the work "naked"..."neked" (you know, like the rednecks say it).