Thursday, September 25, 2008

What difference does it make?

Here is a question that I read last night from Tim Stevens' book "Pop Goes the Church" that I have since been trying to decide how I would answer it. The basic question that he raised in his introduction was would the community be impacted if your church ceased to exist tomorrow? Does your local body of believers have an impact on the community? If not, have we become so inward focused and live in a Christian bubble that we forget to love others? Good question that we should continually be asking ourselves.

3 comments:

Chris Ediger said...

Wow! Love this! I think these are the kinds of questions that pastors & church teams should be asking themselves on a weekly basis. Good stuff.

Jacob Epperson said...

Would the community be impacted if you ceased to exist tomorrow?

Kenneth said...

Jake, that is a tough question. I would hope the answer is yes, but I don't know how to judge my personal impact on the community without someone telling me directly that I have made some sort of difference. That is why I try to let people know when they have an impact on my life. Have some ideas on how we can better do that as well that I might post sometime.