Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can you hear it?

This thought caught my attention today when I was reading - God didn't stop speaking, our lives became louder. Ever ask "Why don't I feel close to God anymore?" or "Why isn't God moving in my life?" I have. Matter of fact it wasn't that long ago. What I found out in my life was that everyday busyness, especially work, was the culprit and I hadn't even realized the full extent of it. The thing was I had become so busy with life that it was drowning out my ability to hear God. Not bad things, just normal, everyday life. If I was to describe me a couple of months ago, it would be dull or bland. A far cry from how I would want to be described. For me it meant changing jobs. I can't describe how much more alive I feel these days. I can engage in relationships (a high priority of mine) and am able to hear and see God in so many more areas of my life these days. My goal is to be described as the following type of person - "a Christian whose heart is on fire, who has no fear, who speaks the truth no matter what the consequences, who makes the world uncomfortable, filled with passion and gratitude, and unable to get over the grace of God." (paraphrased from "Dangerous Wonder" by Mike Yaconelli). The thing is unless I can hear God prompting me, I will never be able to accomplish that. Is your life so loud that you can't hear God?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenneth, I really don't know alot about this blog thing. But I want you to know I am so proud of you. Not only in your walk with God, but in the way I see you interact as a husband and father. Again I am so proud of you.

Love
Aunt Cathy

Anonymous said...

I like this post. You identified the problem and worked toward fixing it. I can see the change through your writing. As you know, I can identify with busyness and work sucking the margin out of your life. Life is great if we can only stop sabotaging ourselves.

Jeff