Thursday, January 1, 2009

Service with a smile

Ever had one of those day when someone annoys you? Ever had someone you can't stand being around? Someone you just plain don't like? Whatever person popped into your mind at those suggestions, now imagine serving them. Honestly, when I don't feel like serving is when I need to do it the most. Don't know that serving them will effect them that much. Matter of fact you may be taken for granted, not thanked, or treated rudely. It doesn't matter though because it isn't about their reaction, but about my attitude. That is the one thing that I can control. I've been called to love and it is shown by my actions. It is easier to serve someone that you like (sometimes they can be the ones who annoy you though), but it takes my focus being on Jesus to serve those I don't want to serve. Up for a challenge? Try it for a week. See if when you don't feel very loving towards someone that you serve them. My guess is that you will be relying on God more and worrying less about how they are treating you. Won't be easy, but most challenges aren't. Have a good week serving.

1 comment:

Sheyennew said...

So a while back I read your review of "Tribes" by Seth Godin... that was also about the time that Brian preached a sermon and mentioned something about it too... so I got the book for Sean for Christmas and he LOVES it... he's still not sure how to apply it to his life/job... but is loving it... so thanks for the recommendation/review on it! Hope you and your family are well!