Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Quick thoughts on life

Been trying to post all day but haven't had a chance until now. Lots of random thoughts have been running through my mind recently, but I just haven't had the time to think through them or write about them so here is my bullet point thoughts that may get expanded sometime later. (Or they might not.)

  • Read several interviews on various blogs about Anne Jackson's new book "Mad Church Disease". Sounds like a refreshing, honest look at being a leader in the church setting. Definitely going to pick this book up when it comes out in a couple of weeks.
  • Also looking forward to going through Francis Chan's "Crazy Love" book and video series over the next month in Sunday school. Loved the book the first time I read through it, even though it stepped pretty hard on my toes, so I am looking forward to discussing it with the others in our class. Love the different perspectives that come out when we discuss things.
  • Read this quote and need to remember it each day - "Jesus did not die on the cross for us to be good. He died for us to live for him." Good is not good enough!
  • Another quote that I am trying to live out - "Generosity is the mark of a fully-devoted follower of Christ." I am so blessed that it should be automatic that I share that with others.
  • Life is too short for me to make all of the mistakes to learn from. I need to learn from others so that I don't have to experience it all.
  • Trying to pursue God each day is tough. I have to remind myself every morning to do it. We choose what we run after each day.
  • Sunday morning, even though I was only there briefly, I felt loved from the Church (check out Brian's "Churchy" series we are currently going through). Four or five guys let me know that I am loved by their words and actions that day. How do people survive without a close community to encourage, love, challenge, and have fun together?

Those are some of the things I have been thinking about. What thoughts motivate you each day?

No comments: