Monday, January 26, 2009

Going back

Been reading in the old testament, and something that I often see is that when God moved or spoke that the person would build an altar there to worship and to remember. I imagine that they would often come back to that place and remember the way God forever changed them by the encounter they had there. Do you place memory markers where you have encountered God? I have various items that bring back memories of places and times that God has shifted things in my life. Things that when I see them or notes that when I read them bring back the way God has changed me, dreams that he has laid out in front of me and people he has placed in my life to move me. I don't want to forget those because they remind me how God has moved in my life and that he is still moving in my life.

One thing though, if the last time you encountered God was 15 years ago, you may want to take a hard look at where he, actually you, have been since then. I am amazed that some people quit living that long ago but are still going through the motions. They are stuck at that altar and haven't moved since then. Where are the places that you need to set up some markers today? Who, what or where have you been encountering a holy God that will change your life? Let's build some altars to come back and remember the way God is moving us today.

No comments: