Friday, January 30, 2009

Easy or right?

When faced with the choice, do you choose what is easy or what is right? Most of the times those are not the same thing, actually I would say they are usually the extreme opposites. Hear me on this, choosing what is right will cost you. Know that up front because the temptation is when the cost is high to choose what is easy. What choices are you facing? Will you chose the easy or the right?

I have had to make some of those choices the last couple of days. The choice to ignore the problem (easy) or to have a conversation about it (right for me). The cost - an awkward (one of my favorite words by the way) conversation to start and making myself vulnerable. Maybe not a high cost but still a choice to make. The thing is each time I make the choice to do what is right it makes it that much easier the next time to do the same. Good to build that in because at some point when the cost is higher it will be tempting to choose the easy instead of what is right. Again, what choices are you dealing with? Are you choosing what is right or easy?

No comments: