Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The small stuff

Read a blog that got me thinking about the small things. Ever noticed how the insignificant things in our lives take up a lot of our time? We spend time worrying about things that might happen and things we can't control. We let comments people make occupy a lot of our thoughts. We make small problems seem huge, but when we look at the bigger picture, they don't really matter much. I get so focused on my small world that I can miss the view God has planned for me.

Same when we dream. We opt for the small instead of the huge. We pick things we can realistically accomplish. Funny, but that kind of takes God out of the picture. If we can do it by ourselves, how much are we really dreaming? If we believe God can do all things, shouldn't our lives reflect that more? We look at what someone else or another church accomplishes and say "That's cool, but we don't have ______ or we could do something like that." Really? That's the best we've got? Actually, that is the best we have, but God can do something that would totally blow our minds if we allow Him. Why do we settle for the small, when we have access to the unlimited? What dreams are you afraid to dream because they are too big?

By the way, if you hear me thinking too small, call me out on it. God deserves more than that.

No comments: