Thursday, January 29, 2009

What are you doing with your minutes?

Read the following quote in an interview in Sports Illustrated with Dick LeBeau - "All of us only have as many minutes as we have and we might as well live life to the fullest." LeBeau is 71 years old and the defensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers (who happen to be in the Super Bowl this weekend if you weren't aware of that fact). I love that mentality. He is doing what he loves to do and isn't concerned about the rest. Do you think most of us live with that mentality of living life to the fullest? I see a lot of people living small lives. Not willing to risk much or live life out on the edges. We do only have so many minutes in this life, so why not make it count. What is it that you want to do but are holding back? What are you telling yourself you can't do, but really you could if you went all out for it? (Some things like me being a center in the NBA aren't really an option.) Personally, I don't think the outcome is the point most of the time anyways, but rather the journey in getting there. I want my journey to be one that is lived on the edge and to the fullest. I only get one shot at life so why not make the most of it. If a 71 year old can coach 20 somethings how to play football, what can I accomplish with the minutes I have left?

No comments: