Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Consistently pursued

I love the fact that God pursues me. He, the creator of everything, wants to spend time with me. Doesn't matter if I've had a bad day, am whiny, not making much sense or just in one of those mood. He still wants to show his love to me, wants for me to experience life the way he has planned for me, he wants all of me. I can't comprehend this, but am so glad that it doesn't require me being able to understand it.

I am highly relational and thrive on those real relationships in my life, but often question where do I really fit in? Is this relationship one of those that will last or one of convenience? Will things change if I reveal who I really am? Why does it seem that I am the only one who is pursuing this friendship? I question lots of things and have lots of doubts, but it all boils down to am I loved for who I am. God answers that frequently for me. He chases after me even when I tell Him I don't want to be pursued. He isn't obnoxious in his pursuit, but consistent. Again, I don't understand why he would want to pursue me, but am so glad that he does. Even when I don't know where I fit in my other relationships, God tells me he has a plan for me. He values me and wants to spend time with me. Blows my mind when I slow down enough to realize it. Whatever doubts we may have, whatever hang-ups we bring to the table, whatever baggage we carry with us - God stills pursues and loves us. Think people need to hear that? I know I do.

No comments: