Monday, January 12, 2009

Lack of information?

Do we have the information we need on how to live the life God wants for us? I think so. I don't think the problem we have is a lack of information, it is more the lack of motivation. Mainly we just don't feel like it. We spend lots of time gathering information , learning more and trying to figure out the answers, but don't we really just need to take action on what we do know? There is no shortage of knowledge about God, but there does seems to be a shortage of people willing to risk something and get it done for God. We've seen or heard about people living outrageous lives for God and saying "I wish I could do something like that." Really? Guess what? You can if you are willing to put in the work, take the risk, take a stand, whatever is required. It isn't that I can't accomplish those great things, for me it tends to be that I am just not usually in the mood to put in the work on the stuff that I do know. We have the "know how", let's start applying it. I kind of figure God is just waiting on us to quit being a career student and actually start making a difference in the real world. (Not saying we should ever quit learning, just that we need to do something with what we are learning besides taking tests.) Knowing the Bible is great. Living out what is in there though is what we are called to do. Ready to graduate and enter the real world?

No comments: