Monday, January 5, 2009

Speed or a marathon?

I've been trying to find a balance in life and am realizing I go from 100 yard dash mentality to marathon preparation within the same day. I want things to happen now, but realize some things take longer to develop. This is the tension that I struggle with - my immediate want versus the long-term picture. Not sure I balance it very well most of the time. I often feel like a pendulum - going all in at one time and then pulling back. Throw in other people's personalities and it makes the balance even more difficult to find. This pendulum swing effects how I see the community I am a part of. I love community, but am realizing I suck at it most of the time. I have the ideal in my mind and realize like a marathon that it takes time, but my impatience makes that difficult. My expectations of now collide with the realities of time. I am learning that time is one of the most important things a person can give. A little bit of a rambling thought today, but that is the roller coaster ride of my life right now.

No comments: