Thursday, October 30, 2008

Things on my mind today

Been a long but interesting week. Here are few random thoughts as I reflect on the week so far.


  • Glad I ventured out and started a conversation this week with a stranger. Not my normal comfort zone but I think this is an area I am growing in right now. I've met lots of new people recently and really enjoy it. Not sure how that works with my desire to take friendships to a deep level, but just another area of tension I will wrestle with.

  • Decided I am wimp. Had the opportunity to share my passion for Christ last night and didn't take it because the enivronment wasn't favorable. What would it have cost me other than some uncomfortable conversation? Time to man up. Hard to say that I would die for Jesus when I didn't even risk being uncomfortable around some co-workers.

  • Realized again how important it is to be surrounded by people who will encourage and build you up. If I hadn't had the opportunity to be around a couple of those people this week, it would have been a very draining week. Don't know how people do it without having a community around them.

  • If you have a vice of any kind, you probably shouldn't spend much time in Vegas alone. There is a reason it is called Sin City.

  • Love the mountains. Manage to hike at Red Rock Canyon three times this week (maybe a fourth today). A couple of those times were a good chance to slow down and try to hear God. Good to have Him take a look at my heart.

  • Ready to be home and spend some time with my family. Don't understand how people travel all the time for their jobs. I like to travel and see new places, but think it would get real old real fast if I did it all of the time.

Just a few of the things bouncing around in my tired mind today. Take a few minutes and reflect on your week. Have you seen God move in it? Have you found out something about yourself? Good to stop and reflect every so often in this 100 mph world we live in.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

We're ready to have you home too! I hate it when you travel - which has been too much lately. I'm trying to find some things to be thankful for in the midst of many things I'm not thankful for. Amy's blog helped me get that perspective. Hope your afternoon and evening turn out better than last night. I love you and will see you tomorrow!