Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bullet point day

Lots of random thoughts the last couple of days, but no one particular topic...so that means it is a bullet point day. (This would be what a typical conversation would look like with me. Random jumps from various topics.)

  • Leave tomorrow on a road trip to Atlanta for the Catalyst conference. Way excited about the entire trip. First, the road trip with two of my best friends. Should be interesting as usual when we get together. Second, staying at my brother-in-law's house (another of my close friends) which will have at total of 15 people staying there. Lots of people, which should be a blast. Third, the conference itself. Get to hear several of my favorite writers speak (Andy Stanley, Craig Groeschel, etc.) and be a part of an incredible conference. Something you need to experience if you get the chance.
  • Decided to try fasting for a day. I had never done this before even though I have heard it suggested multiple times. I actually liked it and will probably try it for a couple of days in the future. Any time that I felt a little bit hungry I used that as a reminder to pray about some of the things that I have been wrestling with. Good experience, but might not be for everyone.
  • Being drawn to social issues in a way I have never experienced before. Combination of new people impacting my life and reading things that challenge my perspective. Good...but exhausting.
  • I am seeing more and more needs every day. I think they have always been there it is just that I am actually seeing them now.
  • I am learning what it looks like to have true community. As I have been reading through Acts again, I can relate to what I read described there. It is an on-going process, but once you have a taste of it you can't help but want more of it.
  • Loving the weather right now. This has to be one of my favorite times of the year. Leaves starting to change colors, weather cool in the morning and at night, perfect temperature during the day - feels refreshing and things feel new to me during this time of year. Looking forward to our annual trip to the pumpkin patch and getting to go to Neewollah this year.
  • Have enjoyed getting to know some new people recently. I'm not a big group type of person, but having the chance to meet lots of people in different smaller settings recently. Sad that Jake is moving to Japan and I haven't gotten to know him real well yet, but excited about the opportunity for him and know that we will still touch base between now and when he gets back.
  • Feel so fortunate to have my current job. Never describe myself as an accountant (it is what I do, not who I am) and glad to finally work somewhere that have similar type people. Besides the people, I am enjoying the lack of stress which has opened up a lot more of my life.

These are the things that I think I think today. So many diverse thoughts that it makes me feel a little A.D.D. Probably won't post the next couple of days (Unless I can borrow someone's Mac while I am gone. Thinking Caleb may get his wish for a Mac notebook sometime in the future.) as I will be out of town. I am sure I will have lots of new thoughts when I get back. Have an incredible day!

2 comments:

kellimoss said...

i like your ADD posts! i'm praying for you guys this week...have fun!

Anonymous said...

You can borrow my Mac this week, I guess. Just be really gentle with my baby.
Yes, Caleb needs a Mac - - that you can borrow a lot. I think you should make him mow the yard for the next 5 months in order to earn his Mac. ha ha.
I bought the new Brian Regan dvd. It's in my bag.