Sunday, October 19, 2008

A different view

I've been listening to Brandon Heath's song "Give Me Your Eyes" a lot today. Can't seem to shake this song. This following words are from the chorus -

Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken-hearted
The one that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see
-
That describes where my heart has been the last week. I am beginning to see more of the world and the hurt that is there. My view is being stretched globally like it never has been before. Dreaming dreams that are so much larger than me that can impact the world. I am so thankful for the people in my life who are challenging me to see the hunger in Africa, the need for clean water, the view to see those who are often overlooked. Not just to see but to be broken-hearted for them. I have been given so much and am called to share what I have. I want to live as selfless as I can. Treat the things I have as just that - things. Not to be enamored with the latest and greatest, but to give to those close to me and those half way across the world. Coming to understand more and more the phrase that I heard at Catalyst last week - "Stretch me. Ruin me." I want to see what I keep missing and to freely give the love that I have received. To those who have been stretching my view, THANK YOU! Keep sharing your heart and vision so that we can reach those far beyond our reach.

2 comments:

kellimoss said...

awesome...

anxiously hopeful said...

Brian filled me in on some of your big dream last night. Don't worry your secret is safe with me. I think it is a great idea. I want to help!