Thursday, October 2, 2008

Impact

I often wonder what my impact is on other people. The reality is most of the time I don't really know. The thing that I do know is that the way I live does impact other people. Probably more than I even realize. While I was out running some errands tonight I ran into some people from my past. One of them was the parent of a kid I used to coach in soccer about 8 years ago. She preceded to give me the update of what her son is up to and that they were talking about me just the other day. Someone I invested in for a couple of years in the past is still impacted. Made me wonder what paths I am currently crossing that I might be impacting and not even realizing it. The thing that stuck me tonight was that encounters we have, every interaction with someone, even those fleeting ones that we don't pay too much attention to are leaving an impact. What kind of impact we leave is our choice. Still don't know what impact I make most of the time, but am realizing regardless of that, my life is currently leaving an imprint somewhere. What impact will your life leave on those who cross your path?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was reading the parable of the shrewd manager the other day. It's such a surprising parable, but I think the point is that we need to use our time & resources now so that we can we welcomed into eternity by all the people we invested in. And I don't think there is any way that we can even comprehend what our impact will be on this side of eternity.