Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wow! My head hurts from thinking...

Okay, I don't think I can try to process one more thing right now. So many good thoughts and things to think about that I don't know which one to start with. Here is a glimpse into my thoughts the last 24 hours:

  • Ever agree to a challenge and then think wait what did I just agree to? Yep, that was me last night. Intense, raw and very real conversation takes place every other Monday night for me when I meet with one of my friends to discuss life. It is so encouraging, but also challenging. Last night we decided to focus on one of the fruits of the spirit each week and try to live that out. This week "I choose love... No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today, I will love God and what God loves." (From Max Lucado's "When God Whispers Your Name") What was I thinking?
  • This morning I also got the chance to hang out with another friend of mine who is incredible. Someone who challenges me, encourages me and is so freaking humble. His example blows me away. Anyway, he challenged me to move forward in a dream that I had talked about with him several months ago. His passion and transparency are what I need to hear right now. It was so invaluable to me. Along with this conversation, when I got the chance to check my e-mail this morning I had one from by brother-in-law which basically said he was still wanting to pursue this same dream I had shared with him. A little freaked out about the timing of that!
  • Read Sheyenne Wilson's blog (seanandshey.blogspot.com) titled "Don't Be An *" this morning and loved the message she pulled out of this Super Bowl commercial. Real, transparent and mask not allowed. Love the tag line of this commercial - "So be determined. Be Real. Or, be whatever you want. But don't be an asterisk." Seriously, go read her thoughts on this. Huge soapbox of mine.
  • Also read Tony Morgan's blog (tonymorganlive.com) titled "Questions" that he posted last night and had the thought that could have been written by me. Weird to see someone else write something that so resembles your thoughts. He starts out ... "My life is really a series of questions that I'm constantly asking. Could be one of the reasons why I always prefer to interview than be interviewed. I like to ask questions. Here are some common ones I'm regularly asking:" Go checkout the seven (or eight) questions he asks. Substitute Lisa instead of Emily in question 3 and I could have seriously written this blog.

I know this is long post and would be surprised if you made it this far, but writing is one of the ways I sort out my thoughts. It is a glimpse in how my mind works. I love all of the conversations I've had and the thoughts that have been planted in my head the last several days. It is so refreshing after last week when I felt so far removed from everyone and questioned lots of motives and reasons. It is so good to have community!

No comments: