Monday, February 16, 2009

Looking forward

What do you look forward to? Anticipation of something that is in the future. I look forward to the chance to spend time with my wife. I really cherish the date nights that we get. The chance to talk uninterrupted (highly value those conversations as they have to be intentional) and find out what she is thinking. To learn what is on her mind and how things are going. As a kid I looked forward to my birthday (not as much any more) and the weekends. The weekends meant freedom (at least from school) and the chance to spend time with friends. I still look forward to hanging out with my friends. One of the reasons I look forward to Monday nights. I get the chance to hang out with a good friend and have those conversations that motivate me. Honest and real from the start. Also look forward to being with some of my friends who are in college right now. I love to hear what is happening in their lives and the things they are learning. These are some of the things that I look forward to.

Do we look forward and anticipate spending time with God at that same level? Isn't that what hope is? Anticipation of spending time with Him. The incredible thing is that we can talk to and listen to Him at any time that we want. He is always ready to hang out with us. Does that blow you away? I want to anticipate spending time with Him the same way that I do with the other things I look forward to. Honestly, it is an amazing opportunity that I should anticipate more than any other thing in my life. What do you look forward to?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I look forward to our dates too. I wish they happened more often!