Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Power of forgiveness

Forgiveness is a powerful thing. I've been on the asking and receiving end of some the last couple of days and it made me realize a couple of things. First, I have some incredibly gracious and loving people in my life. Seriously, I walked away feeling so completely overwhelmed with affirmation even though I know I didn't deserve it. That is one of the the other things that I am realizing - asking and being forgiven are both very humbling. It is asking for something, knowing full well that there is no way that I even remotely deserve it. I realized that it isn't about me in any way, but simply seeking a chance to start over and hoping to build back some of that trust. Knowing how unworthy I am to receive their forgiveness also has reminded me of the forgiveness that God readily gives to us as well if only we ask. The asking was tough. To actually verbalize the things that I had done that were wrong required me to admit my mistakes. It is so much easier to just to skip that part and move on, but that cheats the relationship as well. I desire honest, real and incredible relationships. To have those I have to put other people ahead of me and hopefully that starts new today. To those that I have had these conversations with the last couple of days, know that I am simply amazed at how Jesus is reflected in your lives. You are amazing and you continue to teach me how to live out my life! Thanks.

No comments: