Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lost in the details

Had several reminders today of how incredibly blessed I am. Loved the following question that Lane asked me today - "What are some/one way(s) you see grace playing out in your life right now?" What an awesome reminder of the grace we have during each moment of our lives. It is constantly there, but I think I get so used to it that I forget to look around and see it. I get so caught up in the details of life and getting things done that I miss one of the most incredible gifts we will ever get. Do I stop and enjoy all that I have? Probably not often enough. More often than not I am like that ungrateful friend, you know what I mean, the one who takes and takes from the friendship but rarely if ever gives to it or says thanks. I've had friends like that before and it drives me crazy. One simple acknowledgement that they appreciate the friendship and I am good to go for quite awhile. Wonder if God feels the same way with me? He, the creator of the universe, desires to spend time with me and I take that for granted. My response should be to be grateful and humbled by that. Are you grateful for those things and people in your life? Let Him know and let those other people know as well. Imagine how that could make their day.

No comments: